POPULATION EXPLORER, INC.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or content, or place an order.
- Social networks through which you may access the Services or otherwise interact with us.
- Our parent, subsidiary, or other affiliated entities, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The personal information we may collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Demographic information, such as job information and location based on IP address;
- Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers; and
- Payment and financial details, such as payment card or bank account number, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address.
In addition, PE’s Population Explorer is an application to help you make better decisions. Our application collects information about the world around you. While collecting this data, we use the following:
- Location Information. When you use the Service to complete Population Explorer tasks, we collect precise location data. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Power Information. If you permit the Service to access your power information on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and store your power levels and charging status to understand the environment our product operates in.
- Language Information. When you use the Service, we collect information with respect to default language on your device.
- WiFi and Cellular. In order to evaluate mobile performance over WiFi and Cellular we collect information about your network speed and device capabilities.
Overall, we will be logging the data mentioned above in order to better serve our users and prevent fraudulent users from abusing our Services for which we pay users.
We may enable you to log into the Services using a social media account and, if you do so, you may be asked to grant us access to certain information from your social media profile. Social media networks operate independently from PE, and we are not responsible for social media networks’ interfaces or privacy or security practices. Please refer to the privacy settings of the applicable social media platform or application to determine how you may manage the interactivity between PE and your social media account.
When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as:
- Cookies - A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
- Web Beacons - A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is used to transmit information about actions of the user opening the page or email containing the beacon back to a web server.
- Locally Stored Objects - Certain features of the Services may use local shared objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and how you interact with the Services.
- Third-party analytics tools that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic.
The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser).
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor).
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
Your web browser may let you choose your preference as to whether you want to allow the collection of information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services. We honor any “do not track request” preferences you may have set in your web browser regarding such collection of your information.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with products and services you request.
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions using the Services.
- Respond to your questions and comments, send administrative messages, and provide customer support.
- Send you information or materials you request.
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer, including to provide or recommend features, content, referrals, and advertisements.
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, promotions, events and third-party products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies, including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read.
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Policy or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are obligated to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures.
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions and other transactions requiring such protection will be encrypted using SSL technology. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove Flash cookies.
To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by logging into your account and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Heap Analytics and Intercom by using the opt out button in your user profile. You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you when you use our mobile applications by mobile analytic vendors by using the opt out button in your user profile.
If you access our Services using a mobile device, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or prevent the sharing of location information. For example, you can disable “Location” (or “Location Services” on iOS-based devices) on your mobile device to prevent sharing your location information with us. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust your mobile device settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of location information, you may be unable to access some features of our Services that are designed for mobile devices.
Disclosure of Personal Information for Third-Party Advertising
If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties for their own promotional purposes, you can opt out by using the opt out button in your user profile.
Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
ACCESSING AND CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: PE, Inc., Attn: Legal, 80 Garden Center A-368, Broomfield, CO 80020, United States of America
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Service or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
PE is based in the State of Colorado in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
Effective Date: [October 19, 2017]
Rob Rose, COO
Population Explorer, Inc.